Google Tool has undergone changes to make remote access to computers. Learn how to use it!
Google has long invested heavily in its programs for computers and extensions, and some of them end up being updated to improve its usability. Chrome Remote Desktop, in turn, started as an extension for the Google Chrome browser and was also integrated into an Android and iOS app so you could remotely control your PC.
In turn, Google has announced a move to this feature by making available a website so you can access a machine remotely without having to install your application. Here’s how to use Chrome Remote Desktop.
Preparing a Machine for Remote Access
Although you can access machines without the need to install add-ons in the browser, you still need to install the extension on the machine that will be accessed. To do this, follow these steps:
- Access this Chrome Remote Desktop extension link in Chrome;
- Click “Use in Chrome”;
- In the message that appears, click “Add Extension”;
- Then, go to the Chrome Remote Desktop website link and click the download icon, as shown in the image below;
- After it has downloaded, click “Accept and Install”;
- In the message that appears, click “Yes”;
- Back to the Chrome Remote Desktop page, click “Generate Code”;
- Now, just copy the code and send it to those who will perform the remote access.
Making Remote Access
To do remote access the process is a bit simpler since you do not depend on having the extension installed to be able to do it. Learn how to proceed:
- Go to the Chrome Remote Desktop website now and sign in with your Google account;
- In the “Grant support” part, put the code obtained above and click “Connect”;
- Wait for the person to click “Share” on the PC being accessed and you can remotely control the machine.
Ready! You now know how to use the Chrome Remote Desktop tool to remotely access computers.
If you need help, have doubts or concerns, do not hesitate to leave a comment in the comment box below and we will try to help you as soon as possible!