When using your cell phone to surf the Internet without being connected to a Wi-Fi network, it is important to take care that your data plan does not run out quickly. For this, there are even some options for alternative browsers such as Opera Mini.
Fortunately, Google has also worked on this and added a feature in Chrome to make good savings in the data plan, and speed up the loading of pages a bit. Here’s how to make Chrome optimized to save your data plan and load faster sites.
This new feature is only available from the stable version of Google Chrome, which is already present on Google Play. If you can not get it there, you can still use the APK for the application on the APKMirror website.
How to enable the function to save data and improve page loading speed:
In order to use this feature of Chrome, you must have the data saving function enabled in the browser since they work together. For now, your activation can only be done by changing some browser parameters. Check out how to do:
- Open Chrome normally and tap the button labeled “three dots”;
- Enter “Settings” and enable the “Data Saver” function;
- Back in the Chrome home screen, go to chrome: // flags;
- Look for “force-effective-connection-type” and configure it according to your connection. Then touch “Relaunch now”;
- Back in the Chrome flags, it is also recommended to enable the “ignore-previews-blocklist” function. Touch Relaunch now.
Ready! Now, whenever possible, Google Chrome will let the feature take action to save data and speed up page loading speed.
If you need help, have doubts or concerns, do not hesitate to leave a comment in the comment box below and we will try to help you as soon as possible!