Since Windows 8 Microsoft has implemented drastic changes in Windows, which in many cases ends up not appealing to its users. One of them, for example, occurs in the new notification center, which ended up gaining a space destined to it, causing a nuisance to its users.
Fortunately, in addition to being able to mute notifications for certain applications, there is also a setting that can be made to disable the Windows notification center. Next, check out how to disable the Windows 10 notification center.
To disable the Windows notification center, the tutorial will be divided into two parts. The first shows how to hide system notifications, while the second, completely disable the notification system.
Disabling notifications only
The first configuration to be performed is very simple and can be done directly in the Windows “Settings” menu. Check out how to do:
- Press the “Win + I” keys together to open the Windows 10 “Settings” screen;
- In the open window, enter “System”,
- From the menu on the left side of the screen, go to “Notifications and actions”;
- Disable the options that appear on the screen.
- In addition to disabling all notifications, if you prefer, you can also individually disable notification for certain unwanted applications. To do this, simply go to the section “Receive notifications from these senders”.
Disabling the Windows 10 notification center completely
This second configuration, as stated above, completely disables the Windows 10 notification system and does not require that the steps shown above have been performed. Here’s how:
- Press the “Win + R” keys together to open the execute window and enter the command: gpedit.msc. Press “Enter”;
- From the menu on the left side of the screen, go to “User Configuration> Administrative Templates> Start Menu and Taskbar”;
- Double-click on “Remove the Actions and Notifications Central”;
- Check the “Enabled” option and click “Apply> Ok”.
Ready! Once you’ve performed these steps, you will no longer be bothered with system or application notifications.