In this guide we will see how to disable or enable pop-up in Google Chrome allows or prevents windows on specific sites in PC, Android and iOS
By default, Google Chrome prevents pop-ups (advertisements, most of the time) from appearing automatically on the screen, without first allowing the user to allow them to appear on the browser. When a pop-up is blocked, the address bar is marked with the “Pop-up locked” icon. But if you want, you can allow the display.
It is worth noting that if you are receiving a rain of unsolicited pop-ups even after you disable them, your computer may be infected with malware.
Table of Contents
Turning Chrome pop-up on or off
- Open Chrome, and in the upper right corner, click “More”;
- Then click on “Settings”;
- At the bottom of the page, click “Advanced” or search the terms below;
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”;
- Click “Pop-ups” and, at the top, switch to Allowed or Blocked.
On Android and iOS ( iPhone and iPad) the process is quite similar. Simply access the browser settings and, in content settings, change the permissions.
But as we all know, not all pop-ups are ads or spam. Some legitimate sites display content in pop-up windows like important sign-ups and warnings. You may need to use them often. Therefore, you can allow certain sites that you use the most to always show (or not) pop-up and maintain the general setting as you prefer (locked or unlocked).
Always allow pop-ups from a website
- Go to a page where pop-ups have been blocked;
- In the address bar, click “Pop-up blocked”;
- Click on the pop-up link you’d like to see.
- To always see the pop-ups on this site, select “Always allow pop-ups from …”.
Always block pop-ups from a website
If your wish is the reverse, go to step 5 on how to enable or disable pop-ups.
- Under “Pop-ups”, go to “Allow”, search the site;
- To the right of the site, click on “More”, then “Block”;
- If the site is not listed, next to “Block,” click Add;
- Enter the website address. To block all pop-ups, use [*.] Example.com.