When participating in groups and conversations in WhatsApp, you should receive many video files, which in turn can be funny. By default, these videos received inside the application come in MP4 format, which although it is widely used, is not always the most practical option to be passed.
One solution to these cases, if you use Android, could be to transform the file into GIF, since these, by default, already appear animated in the conversation and generally have a smaller size. Here’s how to convert your received videos into GIF for WhatsApp.
- Go to Google Play and download the GIF Creator application, GIF Editor, GIF Video,
- When opening the application for the first time, grant the permission required for it to access your files and continue with the explanation of how it works;
- On your home screen, touch “Video -> GIF” and click the arrow next to “All videos”;
- Select the “WhatsApp Video” option and choose the video to be converted;
- On the next screen, select which part of the video to convert or, if you prefer, convert the video completely and wait for processing to take place;
- If necessary, use the setting options to add effects or make corrections and touch the icon to continue. Then select the “GIF” format and its quality in the window. If you want to make the file size smaller, you can also check the “Compress” option;
- At the end of the process, the GIF files will be saved in the “GifStudio” folder in the internal storage of the device.
Ready! Now, you already know how to convert the received videos in WhatsApp to the GIF format.
If you need help, have doubts or concerns, do not hesitate to leave a comment in the comment box below and we will try to help you as soon as possible!