It’s been some time since Google implemented a Chrome icon on your Chrome browser next to a tab playing a sound. However, in the last updates made in the browser, this button, although it continues to appear, made it possible to mute or mute a flap with a click without having to open it.
Fortunately, if you’re missing this feature in Chrome, you can still use some extensions, which make it easier to mute the other tabs open in the browser. Here’s how to mute Chrome tabs more easily.
How it works
In the latest versions of Chrome, Google has completely disabled the ability to mute only the tabs, leaving you to only mutate a site completely. Even the browser parameters for this function have been removed, however, extensions, which do not directly manipulate them, can mutate them without affecting the websites you access.
What are the commands and how to install the extension
The add-on to be used in Google Chrome to accomplish this task is quite simple to install. However, you need to know what your shortcuts are in order to use it. Check them out:
- Alt + Shift + N – Mutes all tabs except the one that is open;
- Alt + Shift + M – Mute or re-enable the current tab sound;
- Alt + Shift +; – Activate or mute all tabs.
Now that you know the commands to use the extension, you need to install it. To do this, follow these steps:
- Access this link to download the extension Mute Tab Shortcuts ;
- Click the “Use in Chrome” button;
- In the message that appears, click on “Add extension” and wait for the process to be completed;
- When your installation is complete, an icon will be added next to your address bar.
Ready! Now, just use the keyboard shortcuts to manage the sound of your tabs. It should also be remembered that the functions of Chrome referring to silence sites can continue to be used without interfering in their operation because of this extension.
If you need help, have doubts or concerns, do not hesitate to leave a comment in the comment box below and we will try to help you as soon as possible!