The virtual keyboard is a very useful feature for improving online security by entering sensitive data such as logins and passwords. This way, it becomes more difficult to intercept this information through spyware, for example. The function also helps to create shortcuts for special characters when writing in another language, in emails. That said, see how to activate a virtual keyboard.
What is the advantage of the virtual keyboard
According to the online security laboratory Kaspersky Lab, when we enter physical information on the physical keyboard (login, password and etc.) we are more likely to have this data intercepted by malicious software that may be installed on the computer.
These programs record keystrokes and thus gain access to bank accounts, for example. When using a virtual keyboard for these operations, the chances of this happening are lower.
How to activate the virtual keyboard
In Windows 10
1. Click the “Start” button, represented by the Windows icon in the lower left corner of the desktop;
2. Select the “Settings” menu by clicking on the gear icon;
3. In “Windows Settings“, click “Ease of Access“;
4. Access the “Keyboard” option in the left column and activate the “Use Virtual Keyboard” key;
5. The virtual keyboard can be moved freely around the screen. To disable it, just close the window by clicking the “x”.
The Gmail virtual keyboard can be useful, for example, when writing a message in another language with special characters. Depending on the language you select, a window will appear with a keyboard adapted to that language. Here’s how.
1. Create a new message in Gmail;
2. Click the keyboard icon in the upper right corner next to the gear icon;
3. In the window with options that open, choose one of your preference and double-click on it;
4. Note that the new virtual keyboard will now appear in the “Selected text input tools” box;
5. Click “OK” to save the chosen keyboard;
6. When you again select the keyboard icon, the new language will appear as an option;
7. Select it, and then click “Show Keyboard“;
8. You can now use the custom virtual keyboard to help you with messages in other languages.
Ready! You can now use the virtual keyboard to protect your personal data and help you with shortcuts in other languages.