About 100 million people in India have the Aadhaar card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India. In this case, the data protection of Aadhar card is less than any challenge for the UIDAI (Indian Unique Identification Authority). To secure the data of Aadhaar card, the authorization periodically comes with new features.
Recently, UIDAI has launched a new feature that lets you hide the Aadhar number on your Aadhar card. This feature has been named ‘Masked Aadhaar’. Using this feature, the first 8 digits of your 12 digit base card are hidden. Only the last 4 digits are visible on the Aadhar card. The UIDAI said that this base will also be treated as legitimate and can be used anywhere. To download this ‘Masked Aadhaar’ you have to follow the steps given below.
To download ‘Masked Aadhaar’, follow these steps.
- To download ‘Masked Aadhaar’, first visit uidai.gov.in.
- After this, click on the download Aadhar in the Aadhaar Enrolment section.
- Here first of all you choose Aadhar Card, Virtual Aadhar Card or Enrollment ID through which you want to download e-Aadhaar.
- After this, the general Aadhar and the ‘Masked Aadhaar’ option will be displayed, from which to select ‘Masked Aadhaar’.
- After that enter the Aadhaar Card, Virtual Aadhaar Card or Enrollment ID.
- After this, enter your name, postal code, security code and request for OTP.
- When you have OTP, enter OTP and then download the Aadhar card.