Since the Indian Railways have launched the UTS mobile app to book general or unreserved tickets, the crowds have disappeared from the ticket counters of the railway stations. Earlier this app was launched for selected cities and railway stations. On November 1, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal will launch this app for all the stations across the country.
Railway has issued a statement saying, “With effect from 1st November, passengers can now book un-reserved tickets ie ticket for any railway station across the country. As soon as the launch of this app, passengers will not have to stand in long queues at the railway station ticket counter. Also, people’s time will also be saved.”
Indian Railways has already started facilitating ticket booking through UTS on mobile app in 15 railway zones of the country. At present, this service has not been started in the West Central Zone (West Central Railway) and the Northeast Frontier Zone (North East Frontier Zone). It will be even here started on November 1. According to the railway official, the UTS on mobile app will also be able to book un-reserved tickets for long distance trains. This will provide a large scale benefit to travellers.
How UTS on Mobile works
- To avail this service, travellers must download the UTS mobile app in their smartphone from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- After downloading the app, users will have to register with their mobile number.
- After this, you will need to enter information about the station to start your journey and the station to complete the journey.
- You can then book tickets using railway wallet or other digital payment option.
- Through this app, you can book tickets at 20 meters from the railway station.
- Apart from this, you will be able to book tickets on the day of travel through this app, that means that you will not be able to book an advance ticket.