Did you know that various online services are based on the data that you deposit on Internet? Do you remember having done a search for a particular product on a shopping site and, in the days that followed, having your inbox flooded with “offers” from the same product? Have you seen the price of an item in an online store, and when you came back to buy it, did you realize that the price had changed?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may have realized that Internet works like a radar that captures, stores, and reviews all the activity you do in it. If you are not happy with this situation and want to navigate with more privacy and security then you need a VPN.
Table of Contents
What is a VPN?
VPN, or virtual private network, is a network created within Internet itself, which connects you to a server operated by a service. It is called a private network because the connection is encrypted, you are the only one to navigate through it. The VPN serves as a mask to your IP address, causing it to “point” to a different location than the one you are on.
Source: Lime VPN
What are the advantages
Basically, because your VPN connection is encrypted, you browse anonymously on Internet, and you can still protect yourself from hacker attacks if you are accessing public networks such as a hotel, for example. Here are some advantages of using a VPN:
- Access content blocked for your country on Netflix – the collection made available by Netflix may vary from country to country. VPN can unlock this content based on the country from which you chose to connect;
- Privacy while using torrents – even if you are downloading or uploading files legally, you can increase your privacy if you are using a VPN;
- Be safe while using public wireless networks – public wireless networks are an access portal for hackers and malware to take care of your portable devices. Under a VPN, your connection is shielded against these attacks;
- Use VoIP services with ease – use apps like Skype with more security, both for talking and video calls;
- Do more privacy searches – search Google, Bing, etc., without these sites knowing that you are using them;
- Access content from your country – access to streaming content from your country, even if you’re outside it.
What VPN services are trusted?
There are numerous VPN services on the market, some paid and some free. Obviously, the free ones usually offer very basic functionalities, without the guarantee of a fast and stable connection, besides having a limit of traffic. Therefore, in some cases, only a paid service can fully meet your needs.
One of the most well-known is the NordVPN, works on Windows, MacOS, Android and iOS (yes, your cell phone also needs a VPN!). NordVPN has plans that adapt to the wishes of users, offering services to individuals and companies. Students have a discount.
The best of everything? If you do not like NordVPN within the first 30 days of use, they guarantee 100% of your money back.
If you need help, have doubts or concerns, do not hesitate to leave a comment in the comment box below and we will try to help you as soon as possible!