When you are not in the same place on your computer and need to use it, it is very common to use famous remote access tools like Team Viewer, for example. Although these programs work well, many still do not know, but Windows 10 Enterprise and Server bring a remote access tool, which allows access to your machine by another computer or mobile.
Even though it is a native function of the Microsoft system, it is not always activated by default and is set incorrectly. Here’s how to enable and use the Remote Assistance tool in Windows 10.
Before proceeding to the configuration to be performed in Windows, it must be said that you must be using an account with administrator privileges to access this function. Here’s how to turn it on:
- Open the Start menu and look for the “Control Panel”. Click on it;
- Enter “System and Security”;
- Then click on “System”;
- From the menu that is on the left side of the screen, click on “Remote Settings”;
- In the new window that appears, mark the two options as highlighted in the image below.
How to make remote access to Windows from another computer
In order for you to remotely control a machine with this feature, it is necessary to have the IP of the computer that has been configured for remote access. To do this, simply follow these steps:
- On the machine to be controlled, press the “Win + R” keys together and enter the command: cmd. Press “Enter”;
- In the window that opened, type: ipconfig. Press “Enter”;
- Write down the IP that is in “IPv4 Address”.
In the case of this tutorial, the step-by-step was performed on a local network. If you need to access your machine from outside the network, it is necessary to redirect TCP port 3389 in the administrative panel of your router.
Now that you already have the IP of the machine to be controlled, you can now proceed to remote access. Please follow these steps:
- From the Start menu, go to the “Windows Accessories” and open the “Remote Desktop Connection”;
- In the “Computer” field, enter the IP of the machine to be controlled and click “Connect”.
- At this point, you are already doing the remote access to the desired computer.
How to do mobile remote access
In addition to being able to remotely access the computer, this feature also makes it easier for those who need to control their machine via their Android or iPhone, however, the reverse route of controlling the phone through the PC cannot be performed with this tool. In the example below, we used a device with Android, but the process is very similar for both systems. Look:
- Go to Google Play or the App Store and download Microsoft Remote Desktop;
- Select the “Desktop” option and go to “Add manually”;
- Fill in the IP field and in “User name”, use the “Add user account” option to put the username of the computer;
- Back to the previous screen, click “Save” and your PC will be listed to start remote access.
Ready! Now, you already know how to use the official Windows tool to remotely access your computer.