WhatsApp is one of the most popular and used messaging application worldwide. It is available for all smartphones and the Web version allows you to use it on your computer.
It’s easy and simple to use, so you need your cell phone nearby and a computer. After the first setup, you do not need to repeat the process.
It is essential that you stay connected to Internet on your smartphone, otherwise you can not use the service.
Start by opening the WhatsApp Web on your PC
Open WhatsApp Web in your PC web browser, I remind you that for the initial configuration it is necessary to have the mobile phone close by! Synchronization is required for the service to work properly, and both the computer and the phone must remain connected to Internet.
Then follow these 3 steps on the mobile phone
The number of steps required to use WhatsApp Web on your computer is few and far between.
- Open the WhatsApp application on your smartphone.
- As shown in the image above, in the upper right corner you have a menu with three points, which gives you the option WhatsApp Web, you must choose in this field.
- After this the mobile phone camera will open, if you are asked for access permissions you must accept to continue the process. With the camera open you will have to read the QR Code that is present on your computer.
- Now you are ready to use WhatsApp on your PC, on your left side you will have the contacts and features, just like on your smartphone and on your right side is where the text box is inserted.
- As the picture indicates, it is important to know that WhatsApp Web only works as a “mirror”. That is, all content is provided by the mobile phone in real time. So you should keep your phone connected to Internet.
Sign in and out on WhatsApp Web after using
If you use it on another shared and/or business computer, it is important to end your session in order to protect your identity and privacy, in addition to all your messages and contacts.
If your computer is personal and you do not share your session with anyone else, you can skip this step. Because you can continue to use WhatsApp Web without having to repeat the steps.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Select the three dots in the upper right corner to access the settings and open the ” WhatsApp Web ” option.
- Here you can know where your session stays open and finish it at the moment. As soon as you log off, the computer will lose the connection to the phone and the synchronization will be interrupted.
- No files or attachments are saved on your computer, except for exceptions where you save files, pictures, or previously received content.
After logging off, if you use WhatsApp Web again, you will need to repeat the entire setup process on your computer.
Uses anonymous browser mode and installs an app for increased security
If you use a computer other than yours, we recommend using anonymous browsing. So you do not have to worry about logging out on your PC, and even if you forget to log out, your data will remain secure and the session will be closed as soon as the web browser is closed.
In the application, your data will remain stored and your session will be automatically started. If you want to sign out or connect another device to the application, you’ll have to repeat the entire setup process.
The configuration process is the same, the difference is that you get the application installed on your computer and with faster and safer access. You can download the app from the official website.
If you need help, have doubts or concerns, do not hesitate to leave a comment in the comment box below and we will try to help you as soon as possible!