By using your browser to access news sites, it is not uncommon for you to end up seeing messages to activate your notification system. Through them, for example, you can receive the best news of the day without having to open the website at all times, so that you do not miss the essential news for your day today.
However, although they are very useful, sometimes the notifications, when emitted in excess, end up bothering the user, who gets his screen full of them. Here’s how to unsubscribe from notifications received from sites by your browser.
Each browser has a different way to remove the notification system. To help you then in this task, the Techkhiladi separated the step-by-step for the Chrome and Firefox browsers, which end up being the most used today.
Removing notifications received by Chrome
The process to be performed on Chrome is very simple, and if you regret having removed a site from your list of notifications, simply re-access the site and allow them. Check out the process:
- Open Chrome normally and click the icon represented by three points. In the menu, enter “Settings”;
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and expand the “Advanced” menu;
- In the “Privacy and security” section, go to “Site Settings”;
- Click “Notifications”;
In the list of sites, click the button labeled “three dots” next to them and use the “Remove” option.
Removing notifications received by Firefox
In Firefox the process ends up being very similar to what was done in Chrome, but the browsers present some differences in their menus. See the process:
- Open Firefox normally and click the icon represented by three lines. In the menu, enter “Options”;
- In the new screen, click on “Privacy and security”;
- Next to “Notifications,” under “Permissions,” click “Settings”;
- Select the site you want, click “Remove site” and then “Save changes.”
Ready! You now know how to remove unwanted site notifications from your top browsers.
If you need help, have doubts or concerns, do not hesitate to leave a comment in the comment box below and we will try to help you as soon as possible!