DNS services are responsible for interpreting the addresses of websites that you access, that is, through the name of a website, they know what their IP is to show you their content. In this way, it is also important to use a reliable DNS not only to get better speed when surfing the Internet but to always keep your data safe.
In development since 2016, AdGuard is just one of these secure DNS servers, which now reaches its final version and manages to protect user data against malicious web advertisements. Here’s how to use and configure Adguard DNS on your computer or mobile phone.
What differs from AdGuard to other common DNS servers
AdGuard DNS has a domain name database to block malicious ads as they are requested. So, whenever a site submits the request for an ad of these, AdGuard’s own server will be responsible for sending a null response to it, eliminating any threat.
Configuring AdGuard DNS in Windows
Configuring AdGuard DNS in Windows occurs exactly like a traditional configuration, and it can be configured in IPv4 and IPv6 protocols. Check out how to do:
- Press the “Win + R” keys to open the execute window and enter this command: Control.exe / name Microsoft.networkandSharingcenter;
- In the “Network and Sharing Center” window, click the name of your connection;
- In the new window, click on “Properties”;
- Now double-click on “IP Protocol version 4 (TCP / IPv4)”;
- Check the “Use the following DNS server addresses” option and enter these values: 18.104.22.168 / 22.214.171.124. Click “Ok”;
- Back in the previous window, double-click “IP Protocol Version 6 (TCP / IPv6)”;
- Check the “Use the following DNS server addresses” option and enter these values: 2a00: 5a60 :: ad1: 0ff / 2a00: 5a60 :: ad2: 0ff. Click “Ok> Ok> Close”.
Configuring AdGuard DNS on Android
The way to use AdGuard on Android also follows the steps of a traditional DNS configuration on the system. Here’s how:
- Go to the “Settings” screen and enter “Connections”;
- Click “Wi-Fi”, and tap and hold on the name of your active network connection;
- In the menu that appears, touch “Manage network settings” and go to “Show advanced options”;
- In “IP Settings”, set the option “Static”;
- Then in “DNS 1 and 2,” enter the AdGuard DNS values, which are: 126.96.36.199 / 188.8.131.52. Touch Save.
Configuring AdGuard DNS on iPhone
If you have an iPhone or any other Apple device with iOS, AdGuard DNS can also be used on them. To do this, simply follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” screen, and tap “Wi-Fi”. Next, to the desired connection, tap the “i” icon to access its settings;
- Tap “Configure DNS”, and change from “Automatic” to “Manual”;
- In the DNS that is already configured, change to IP “184.108.40.206”. Now, to set the secondary DNS, tap the plus icon and put the IP “220.127.116.11” in the field that came up. Finally, tap “Save” in the upper right corner of the screen.
Ready! Now, you already know how to have more privacy to surf the Internet using the AdGuard DNS.