Protecting images with logos, text and the classic Watermark is essential so no one can steal our creations or shots but sometimes it may be necessary to remove them from the photos for special needs. Here’s how to do it
How to remove Watermark, Writings, Logos and Dates from Pictures and Photos
How many times have you ever seen images on the internet with text, a logo or a simple date? It happened to me very often and these writings are manually applied to protect their work.
They are called watermarks, but it is also easy to insert a logo or a shooting date, and today we will see the best methods to remove a written, logo or watermark from any picture or image and also free with the following solutions
- How to remove Watermark with Photos
- How to remove Watermark Online with Photopea
- How to remove Watermark on Windows with Gimp
How to remove Watermark with Photos
The default software of Windows 10, Photos, also allows you to do a simple editing of the photos including removing a watermark from the photos. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Photo you want to edit and select the Edit with Photos button.
- In the sidebar, click on the Adjust item.
- Now on Spot fix and then click repeatedly on the writing, logo or watermark to be deleted so as to permanently delete it.
- Finally click on Save to overwrite or Save a copy.
How to remove Watermark Online with Photopea
If you do not want to install anything, with Photopea you can delete the watermark or other directly online. Here’s how:
- The first step is to access the Photopea website CLICK HERE.
- Open the image to edit File -> Open.
- Now the settings include the Spot Healing Brush Tool which has a patch icon.
- Choose the size and shape of the brush.
- Now position yourself on the area where you can remove the writing, date, logo or watermark by clicking on it. In a few clicks you will remove the logo.
- Save the image by clicking on File and then on Export as.
How to remove Watermark on Windows with Gimp
Finally to remove a watermark from a photo on Windows, MacOS or Linux we use GIMP, a free photo editing software alternative to Photoshop. Here are the steps to follow on GIMP to remove the Watermark in a few steps:
- Open the image to be modified with GIMP by clicking with the right mouse button on the image Open with … -> GIMP.
- Select on the Patch Tool.
- And in the Tool Options, give yourself greatness and shape of the brush.
- Select the area where you want to remove the logo, date or watermark and you’re done. In a few clicks you will have removed everything.
- Finally, to save the image, click on File -> Save.