If you’ve found love, or are tired of wandering through extravagant bios and clumsy presentations in vain, here’s a quick guide on how to get rid of your Tinder account.
Permanently deleting your Tinder account
Deleting by application
Step 1. Open the application and touch the profile icon in the upper left corner of the screen (it’s a small gray or pink bust). Select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Delete account.
Step 2. You will need to scroll through the log out button, the flame symbol, and the version number of the application.
Step 3. Next, you will have the option to freeze your account (which will make it private for new matches but will keep your information if you want to come back) or delete them. Select Delete my account.
Step 4. The application will prompt you to choose the reason for the match, which includes having found someone or simply looking for a fresh start. Select the option that best suits your situation.
Step 5. Depending on your selection, you may have to provide additional information. After entering this, click Delete my account.
If you see the message “Account deleted successfully”, you’re done! You can log in again, of course, but you’ll need to create a new account – you’ve just deleted yours, remember?
If you’ve already deleted the application, you have two options: download the application again and follow the instructions above or scroll down to learn how to delete your Tinder account using a web browser.
Deleting from your browser
Step 1. Go to the Tinder site using the browser of your choice and enter your login information if you are not already logged in.
Step 2. Select My profile next to your profile photo at the top left of the screen.
Step 3. Scroll down to the bottom of the menu on the left side of the screen. Select Delete my account at the bottom.
After confirming, you will be redirected to the home page, but there is nothing else to do. You can re-sign in with your phone number or Facebook account, but this will create a new account.
Tinder and your privacy
Tinder is a free smartphone dating application based on its location. It allows users to browse through other users’ profiles and “swipe right” in the profiles that interest them. If the other party also slides to the right, the two can talk.
While the app offers an exciting gaming experience, and the potential to find love is significant, Tinder also collects more information about you than you might expect. That includes:
- Your name, e-mail address, physical address and telephone number;
- Your Facebook account information (a valid Facebook account is required for each Tinder profile);
- Your physical location whenever you use the application;
- Photos and videos you take and send to Tinder.
As you might expect, Tinder uses this information to serve targeted ads, and you have the right to use your information in any way you choose.
Ultimately, the questions you should consider are:
- Do you trust Tinder with your personal data?
- Do you feel good knowing that Tinder will use your personal data as a source of revenue?
- Are you willing to give up Internet privacy to meet new people online?
- Do you know the risks that can occur when you physically find a person in Tinder?
Some Frequently Asked Questions About Tinder’s Exclusion
Deleting the Tinder application excludes my account?
No. Deleting the Tinder application DOES NOT delete your account. If you’d like to delete your account, you’ll need to follow the steps above.
What happens after I delete my Tinder account?
You will permanently lose all your mail, messages, and other account details.
I’m in Tinder Plus. Will deletion from my account also cancel my subscription?
No. Deleting the application and / or your account does not cancel your Tinder Plus subscription.
To cancel your subscription, you’ll need to go to the App Store or the Google Play Store and unsubscribe from there.
For refund, iOS users will need to submit a request at https://getsupport.apple.com, while Android users will need to send an email to [email protected]
For more information, see the “Tinder Plus” section of the Tinder FAQ page.
Will Tinder retain my information after I delete my account?
Yes. All the information you submitted when signing up for Tinder and using the service will remain with the company. Tinder may still use your information for advertising purposes or share it with other users and third parties.
What happens if I sign in again after deleting my account?
If you try to sign in to Tinder after deleting your account, Tinder will create a new profile for you.
Do more to protect your privacy on the Internet
Want to know what else you can do to improve your Internet privacy? Here are some steps you can take.
- Use ExpressVPN. While Google and app history pause prevents Google from collecting data about you, this does not stop your provider from tracking what you’re doing online and potentially sharing it with corporations and governments. To hide your online activity from your provider, use a VPN.
- Use the Tor Browser. Tor hides your online location and activities from anyone who is doing network or traffic analysis, so it is difficult to track your Internet activity. It is one of your best bets to remain anonymous online.
If you need help, have doubts or concerns, do not hesitate to leave a comment in the comment box below and we will try to help you as soon as possible!