Have you ever canceled the ticket on IRCTC for some reason at the last moment? The e-ticketing website of Indian Railways has different rules for refund Charges on IRCTC. You should also know about the cancellation Charges while booking tickets from IRCTC. This can save you future losses. Do you know the IRCTC refund criteria for canceling tickets?
Conciliation of train tickets: 48 hours before the exit of the train
- For the cancellation of First AC / Executive Class tickets, Rs 240 deduct
- For the cancellation of 2AC / First Class tickets, Rs 200 cut
- Rs 380 / – for 3AC / AC Chair Car / 3 AC Economy Class Tickets
- Rs 120 for the cancellation of sleeper class tickets
- Rs 60 will be deducted for canceling second class tickets
Cancellation of train tickets: 48 to 12 hours before leaving the train:
- 25% of the booking amount will be deducted on cancellation of reserve train tickets
Cancellation of train tickets: 12 to 4 hours before leaving the train:
- 50% of the booking amount will be deducted on cancellation of reserve train tickets
On cancellation of Tatkal tickets: No refund will be given by Indian Railways on canceling train tickets in immediate quota. However, if the train is delayed by more than 3 hours or more then the passengers can claim the refund by filing the TDR.
Follow these steps to fill TDR
- Log in to IRCTC ‘s official website
- Go to My Transactions in My Account
- Choose File TDR option in
- On click here, the reason for canceling the ticket will be asked
- After typing your reason, click the File TDR button
Keep in mind that if the ticket has been booked with the railway counter then the passengers can file a TDR form and claim the refund. In this passenger, the passenger details will be provided with the PNR number.
If you need help, have doubts or concerns, do not hesitate to leave a comment in the comment box below and we will try to help you as soon as possible!