Those who use iPhone or iPad have the option to store their data on iclouds, Apple’s storage and backup service. In addition to your application data, you can also save the photos you take with your phone.
iCloud is a good option to save space on the iPhone: send your photos there (usually, it’s what weighs most) and let Apple do the dirty work. What if you want to download the photos that are there on a PC? Has as.
Before you begin … See if the photos on your iPhone are actually being sent to iCloud. Just go to Settings> General> [your name]> iCloud> Photos and check the Enable iCloud Photo Library option. If it was disabled, wait for the upload of the finished photos to download them to the computer.
On the pc
- Click here and download the iCloud for Windows manager;
- Sign in to your iCloud (Apple ID) account;
- Activate the Photos option and, next, click on Options;
- Check the iCloud Photo Library option and then click Done;
- After your computer downloads the photos, go to the iCloud Photos in the File Explorer sidebar;
- In the top bar, click Transfer photos and videos;
- Select all photos with Ctrl + A;
Ready! Now the photos will be downloaded in Windows.
- Open the Photos app on your Mac;
- Make sure iCloud Photo Library is active on your iPhone and Apple ID is the same on both devices;
- Open the Photos application settings, click the iCloud tab and check the iCloud Photo library option to have the photos downloaded to your Mac;
- Wait for the photos to download;
- Press Cmd + A to select all images;
- Enter the menu File> Export> Export Items or use the Command + Shift + E shortcut:
- Choose the format, quality and name of the photos that will be exported and finalize by clicking on Export;
Ready! Your photos will be saved to the Mac.
Downloading some through iCloud.com
If you do not want to download all the photos, you can download one by one through iCloud.com The web version of iCloud is somewhat limited, but it works well. For it, you can download some photos by the computer, but not all at once. Look:
- Sign in to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID;
- Click on Photos;
- Click the + button on some collection (which shows the location and date of the photo);
- Click outside of “Add x items to” and then click the Download button at the top of the page;
- Choose one of the options and click on Download.
Ready! one by one, you can get the photos you hoped for without downloading any applications.