To edit text, work with spreadsheets, or do some work-related activities, Microsoft Office is always one of the first choices people have. Despite this, there are other practical solutions for this kind of tasks like Google Docs, but that by default requires an internet connection to be used.
Fortunately, this part of the connection is only requested on account of a standard Google setup, but its suite can also be used without an internet connection. Here’s how to use the Google Docs suite without having to connect to the internet on your computer.
Installing an extension
The first step in making this task possible is to download and install an official Google extension on your Chrome browser. Check out:
- Access this link to download Google Docs Offline ;
- In the message that appears, click “Add Extension.”
Working with offline Docs files
Now that the extension is enabled, it is necessary to make one more configuration so that your files can be accessed without the internet connection. Here’s how this process works:
- Go to this link to go to the Google Docs homepage and click on the icon represented by “three lines”;
- In the menu that appears, click on “Settings”, which is next to a gear;
- In the window, leave the “Off-line” key enabled and wait for the process to be performed. The more documents you have, the longer it takes;
- Click “Ok”.
Once you have completed these steps, you will not need to be connected to the internet to continue editing a document. And so, as soon as you reconnect with the internet, any changes you make will be saved in the cloud.
If you need help, have doubts or concerns, do not hesitate to leave a comment in the comment box below and we will try to help you as soon as possible!