Gmail is a very popular email service available for almost all platforms, including pre-installed on mobile phones with the Android system. So how could it be otherwise, Google constantly invests in the service to bring more features, which are able to make the day to day of its users better.
In turn, one of the last features available in the service is “Smart Writing”, where Gmail itself tries to help you complete what you are writing in an email to be sent. Here’s how to turn Gmail’s smart writing feature on or off.
Disabling or enabling smart writing on mobile
This new feature of Gmail is already available for both computers and mobile phones, and the way to enable or disable it is very similar. Here’s how:
- Open the Gmail app normally and touch the icon represented by “three lines”;
- Enter “Settings” and select the desired e-mail account;
- Locate the “Smart Writing” and “Smart Answer” function to enable or disable it.
How to disable or enable smart writing on your computer
As mentioned above, the process to enable or disable the new function is very similar to what was done in the cell phone, however, the service interface on the computer is slightly different. Check out:
- Access the Gmail website normally until it arrives in your inbox;
- Click the icon represented by a “gear” and enter “Settings”;
- Now look for the items “Smart Writing” and “Smart Answer” to enable or disable the function. If one of these items still does not appear, it may be that Google has not yet released this feature for your account or you are using the old Gmail interface.
After your first activation, do not be surprised if your writing suggestions do not appear. This happens because it sometimes takes some time before Gmail can identify your writing pattern. And you also have to remember that the service is increasingly enhancing your suggestions as Gmail is used.
If you need help, have doubts or concerns, do not hesitate to leave a comment in the comment box below and we will try to help you as soon as possible!