While working with documents on your computer, it is not uncommon that depending on the subject you are looking for, you may end up finding articles that are in another language. Of course, when it comes to websites, it’s easy to use Google Translate to translate pages in a simple and fast way, but the service also has another very interesting feature.
Fortunately, when using WhatsApp on Android this situation can be circumvented with the use of some tricks, such as the popular Google Translate. Let’s see how to translate WhatsApp message texts without leaving the application.
To accomplish the task mentioned above you will need the use of the Google Translate application, which will integrate WhatsApp. All of the features used are official and therefore they pose no risk to your Android or conversation information.
How to translate messages
The process for translating the messages is very simple and only needs to be configured once, regardless of the number of conversations in which it will be used. Check out:
- If you do not already have it on your device, sign in to Google Play and download Google Translate;
- With the Google application properly installed, open it, click the icon represented by “three lines” and go to “Settings”;
- Click on “Tap to translate”, enable the tab next to “Activate” and tap “Activate” on the new screen;
- In the window requesting permission, grant it. It is necessary for the operation of the resource to be used in the matter.
Now that the Google Translate feature is already enabled, it can be activated directly by WhatsApp. First, look at the process of receiving translated messages:
- Open WhatsApp normally and enter the conversation where you have received what you want to translate;
- Touch and hold on the text until it is selected and touch the copy button;
- Note that a Google Translate balloon will pop up. By clicking on it, you will see the translated message.
To translate messages that are being written by you, the process is a little different, but you do not have to quit WhatsApp. Check out:
- On the conversation screen, compose the desired message and select your text;
- Touch the icon represented by “three points” and go to “Translate”;
- Select the language to which it should be translated into the field below and copy the translated text.
Ready! Now, you already know how to translate any message in WhatsApp without having to leave the application for this.
If you need help, have doubts or concerns, do not hesitate to leave a comment in the comment box below and we will try to help you as soon as possible!