Skype is still a good option to exchange online messages, especially for video meetings or even conferences. Regardless of whether you prefer features over video or text, the app offers some accessibility adjustments to customize and use the app better. One of them allows you to increase or reduce the font (letters) of Skype. Here’s how.
The following step-by-step guide is for both the Skype for Windows version and the Mac version.
How to increase or decrease the Skype source
1. Open the application on your computer;
2. Click the three-dot icon, located in the upper left corner of the screen (right next to your name);
3. In the window that opens, click on “Settings“;
4. A new screen will open. In the left column, select the “Messages” option;
5. On the “Messages and Chats” tab, scroll to “Text size“;
6. By default, the font will be marked “Normal”. To increase or decrease the letter, simply select the option and change the size;
7. Click the “x” to close the window. Now just write a message and the font will already be the size you chose.
Other accessibility settings on Skype
In addition to changing the font during a conversation, you can customize other features of the application to make it more enjoyable to use. Some options are:
- Dark Mode: Go to Settings, Appearance and select “Dark” under Modes.
- Change the contrast: Go to Settings, Appearance and select “High Contrast Light” in Accessible Modes.
- Change the color of the talk balloons: Go to Settings, Appearance and select one of the available colors in “Color”. You will be able to see, in real time, the color changes in the dialog balloons.