A small app lets you watch videos while you perform other tasks on your phone. Here’s how to use it!
Previously, to watch a video on your phone, you would have to stop what you were doing in it to accomplish this task, something that was very uncomfortable. Fortunately, some apps like WhatsApp and browsers gained PiP mode, so you could watch videos on them while doing another task.
In turn, although it is already useful, the feature found in these programs mentioned, for example, does not extend to videos that are stored on the phone itself. Here’s how to watch videos that are on your phone while you continue to use other apps.
Watching a video on Android while using other apps
As stated above, Google’s system does not have a native capability to accomplish this task, except for dividing the screen completely, which is not very practical and makes it lose considerable space. This way you need to have some options on Google Play to work around this issue. Check out:
- Access this APK Mirror link to download MX Player Free in its Beta version;
- After downloading, install the APK file;
- When opening the application for the first time, grant the necessary permission for it to have access to your files;
- On your home screen, touch the icon represented by “three points” and enter “Settings”;
- On the new screen, select the “Player” option and under “Play in the background”, touch “PiP mode/2nd level” and select “Play video/audio in PiP mode”;
- Back to the application home screen, just find the video you want, and when it’s running, press the home button to continue using the phone while the content plays.
Ready! Now you can watch videos that are stored on your phone while you continue to use other apps. It is worth remembering that at any time you can also resume playing the video in full screen or even change the size of the PiP window or the place where it is on the screen.
If you need help, have doubts or concerns, do not hesitate to leave a comment in the comment box below and we will try to help you as soon as possible!