YouTube is one of Internet’s favorite platforms for watching varied video content for entertainment. Over time, Google always implements new features so that your users can be more in control of what they’re watching.
Although you see very interesting videos, sometimes your content has a rhythm that may not be appropriate for you, so speeding up or slowing down a bit of the speed is not compromising your comprehension or fun. Here’s how to speed up or slow down videos being watched on YouTube:
The official form
If you do not like using add-ons or extensions in your browser, the best way to change the speed of playback of videos on YouTube is already in the service itself. To use it, just follow these steps:
- Open a video normally on YouTube;
- With it paused or running, click the icon represented by a “gear”;
- Click speed;
- Select the desired speed.
This feature, in addition to being able to be done on a computer, as it was shown, is also available for mobile phones with the YouTube app. To use it, just follow this simple step:
- Open a video in the YouTube app and tap the icon labeled “three points.” Click “Playback speed” and select the desired option.
- The functionality shown above works the same on both Android and iOS, the system that runs on iPhones.
If the above method did not seem practical, the good news is that at least on the computer, there is still an additional way to be in control of the speed of YouTube video playback. For this, it is recommended to use Google Chrome or some other browser that supports your extensions. Check out:
- Go to the Chrome web store and download the Video Speed Controller extension ;
- With your installation done, uploading a video to YouTube in its upper left corner will give you a bar to control playback speed.
Unlike the official method, through this extension, it is possible to exceed the default speed limit offered by YouTube, as well as have options to advance or rewind the video. In addition, you can also control the extension using the keys on the keyboard, as suggested by the image above.
If you need help, have doubts or concerns, do not hesitate to leave a comment in the comment box below and we will try to help you as soon as possible!