It is possible to sign PDF documents on Apple devices such as iPhone and iPad without printing any sheet of paper, directly from the tablet or smartphone
How to sign PDF documents on iOS and iPhone and iPad smartphones and tablets
I often have to sign or fill out documents in PDF format that have sent me via e-mail and since I don’t like using paper I often use my tablet or smartphone to sign documents digitally using it so as to make a signature directly on the device without having to print anything.
The main method I use is to sign directly on the iPad and in this guide we will see how to sign a PDF on the iPad but also on the iPhone.
You need to know that you can sign on an iPad or iPhone without any special procedures, without using external apps all from your device and in a few taps you can sign with your finger or using the Apple Pencil.
Sign PDF on iPad or iPhone
- Open the PDF or even JPG file on the device.
- Move to the area where you need to sign.
- Click on the quick edit icon at the top right.
- Use the Apple Pencil if you have a compatible device (iPad) or use your finger on others (iPhone or iPad) and sign.
- Now press the End button at the top left to finish.
- The document will have the signature and you can now send it and share it.
If you want to add a signature box, a horizontal line or other shapes, just tap on the + and draw the geometric shape you want, plus we can add text, sign the signature using the signature tool, zoom in with the Magnifying Glass tool and also create geometric shapes using the Shapes menu.
So with this guide, you have learned how to sign documents and images on iPad or iPhone without printing anything.
If you need help, have doubts or concerns, do not hesitate to leave a comment in the comment box below and we will try to help you as soon as possible!