Native iOS feature allows photo and video files to be hidden in the system for more privacy
When using iPhone, it is very common that you end up saving several photos and videos on the device, which by default are visible through the Photos application. Of course, in the meantime, you may want to hide some content that is there, either for privacy or just for organization reasons.
Fortunately, on iOS (the iPhone system) there is a feature for your images and videos to be hidden in various parts of the system, such as in your gallery. Here’s how to hide photos and videos on iPhone without having to install anything.
- Open the “Photos” app and tap “Select”;
- Mark the photos you want and touch the “Share” button, as indicated in the image below;
- In the menu at the bottom of the screen, select the “Hide” option and confirm the action.
From this moment, note that the photos or even the selected videos will not appear in the Photos application, however, this does not mean that they have been deleted. For you to be able to access them, the process is simple, but a bit different from the ordinary. Check out:
- Open the “Photos” app and go to “Albums”;
- Scroll down and enter “Hidden items.” Now, just open the desired photos.
If you have regretted having hidden any items, it is also easy to carry out the process to make them visible again in Photos. To do this, simply follow these steps:
- Open the “Photos” app and go into “Albums” one more time;
- Again, slide the screen down and enter “Hidden Items”;
- Tap “Select” and choose the items you want. Then tap the “Share” button;
- Swipe the bottom of the screen to the left and tap “Do not hide.”
Ready! Now you know how to hide photos and videos from the iOS gallery without having to install anything on your device.
If you need help, have doubts or concerns, do not hesitate to leave a comment in the comment box below and we will try to help you as soon as possible!