It is not the main function of a smartphone, but you must have used your device as a flashlight at any time, whether to look for something that fell on the floor, to light a place or any other situation. Although it’s simple to turn on the flashlight through the Android notification bar, this does not mean that this is the easiest way or the only option to do this task.
This simple task can be performed in different ways on Android with the use of some applications that allows you to activate the flashlight in different ways, such as when shaking the cell phone, for example. Here are 6 different ways to activate the flashlight on your phone.
Table of Contents
Turn on the Flashlight with the Power Button
- Go to Google Play and download the Power Button Flashlight application ;
- When you open it for the first time, in the message that appears, touch “Ok” and leave the “Power button” as “On”;
- If you want to change the time interval to press the “Power” button, simply touch the gear icon and set the desired value in the first option.
Now, pressing the Power button 3 times during the set interval, your phone will turn on the flashlight.
Turn on the Flashlight by the Volume Buttons
Another alternative still resorting to the physical buttons of the device, is to use the volume control of it to turn on the flashlight. Check out how to do:
- Go to Google Play and download the Torchie – Volume Button application ;
- When you open the application for the first time, tap “I noticed!” In the message that appears and enables the little flick next to “Torchie Functionality”;
- In the message that appears, click on “Activate”, locate the item “Torchie Quick” and activate it.
Once you have made these settings, simply hold down the volume up and down buttons together to turn on the device’s flashlight.
Turn on the Flashlight When Shake Phone
Finally, the last solution in this list to connect the flashlight of the device does not involve the use of physical buttons. So, with it, just swing your cell phone to trigger the feature. Here’s how to proceed:
- Go to Google Play and download the Shake Light application ;
- When you open the application, in the message that appears, touch “Confirm” and balance your phone. A permit will be requested, grant it.
Ready! Now, when you shake the phone, the device’s flashlight will be activated. When entering app settings, you can change the intensity required for the feature to turn on.
It should be remembered that the methods shown above can be used together. This way, you do not have to be stuck with a way to turn on the flashlight, as there is no conflict between applications.