iPhone Trick allows you to search for routes on Google Maps with the Siri wizard:
On iPhones, users rely on the Apple Maps application to search for routes and use their mobile phone’s GPS services. Although it works well for many functions, the program is not as complete as other solutions and some users prefer to use Google Maps instead.
In turn, anyone who wants the convenience of using Siri’s voice commands, by default, is restricted by using Apple Maps. Fortunately, thanks to a little trick it is possible to get around this situation. Here’s how to search for routes and other information on Google Maps using Siri.
How to use Google Maps with Siri
In order to perform this process, it is necessary to use the Shortcuts program of the App Store, which is developed by Apple so that some functions can be automated in their devices with iOS. First, here’s how to get and activate this app:
- Access this shortcuts link in the App Store and download it;
- Make sure Google Maps is also in its latest version;
- Go to this link and in the message that appears, touch “Get shortcut”. Once added, click on “Library”;
- Select the “Get Direction” from the list and grant access to “voice recognition” and “microphone”;
- Back in the library screen, cancel the dictation process and touch the icon represented by “three points”. Then, touch the button next to “Share”,
- Tap the “Add to Siri” button and click the “save” button. Here, define the phrase to search for a route on Google Maps;
- Touch “Ok” and “Ok” again.
Now, when you open Siri, all you have to do is say what you recorded to run a search on Google Maps. Note that the process is done in two steps, so first Google Maps opens and then you should be given the address you are looking for.
Ready! Once you’ve given the name of the location you’re looking for, Google Maps will detect where you are and show you the route to follow.
If you need help, have doubts or concerns, do not hesitate to leave a comment in the comment box below and we will try to help you as soon as possible!