If you want to do a cleanup on Facebook and start over to add your friends (or at least those you care about) you do not have to delete your profile. You can start from scratch and unfriend all friends – or a good part of them – and keep your profile with the posts and photos you’ve already posted. Certainly, deleting one by one is time consuming, but you can use a plugin for Chrome and do it in a few clicks.
According to Facebook, there are unlimited numbers of people who follow you, but you can track up to 5,000 people. This is also the total limit of friends you can have: up to 5,000 friends in your account. If you’ve already lost control of your profile and want to make a clean one, excluding people with whom you relate less, see the tip.
Delete all Facebook friends
The plugin to delete multiple people at the same time is the same one used to leave all Facebook groups with few clicks. Go to the Chrome store and download the “Toolkit For FB by PlugEx”. Some extension features are premium (paid), but the bulk delete function is free. See how it works in the walkthrough.
- Download and install the “Toolkit For FB by PlugEx”;
- You need to be logged in to Facebook, access the social network;
- Click the plugin icon at the top of the browser;
- Scroll the window that opens until you find “Removal Tool”;
- Click on “Unfriend Multiple Facebook Friends”;
- Select the people you want to delete by activating the “on-off” key;
- Or select the “Select All Friends” option to select all;
- Click the button below “Start Removing Friends”.
The developer of the plugin asks to use the tool “with some care”. According to him, “there is a limit to the number of requests you can submit to Facebook API servers.” So, avoid making too many requests in a row.