Since you need to convert an image into a PDF document, you are searching the Internet for a solution to do so. In this new guide today, we at Teknologya will explain in detail how to turn photos into PDF from smartphones in a few simple steps.
How to turn photos into PDF from the smartphone without using any third-party app
Both Android and iOS provide an integrated solution to export a file (in this case a photo) in the Portable Document Format. We will go to talk specifically in the next few lines.
If you own a smartphone or a tablet with Google’s mobile operating system, then just follow the steps that we list below:
- Open the Photos, Gallery, or the app you use to view images and choose the photo you want to convert to PDF.
- After that, press the 3 dots on the top right and press on the item Print.
- At this point, you just have to press on the yellow dot with a written PDF.
- Finally, name the output file and pressed on Save to export the converted files should be stored in the folder downloads of Android (accessible via a file manager).
If you have an iPhone or an iPad, however, you must carefully follow the steps that we offer below:
- The first step is to open the Photo app and press the image you want to convert to PDF.
- Once this is done, press on the square containing an arrow pointing up (sharing icon) and tap on Print from the panel that appears.
- At this point, double-tap on the photo preview to save a copy in PDF format.
- In conclusion, click on the share icon, choose Hi to File and indicate the folder in which to proceed with saving the file (if on the internal memory of the iDevice or iCloud ).
How to turn photos into PDF from the smartphone with Scanbot
If you were not satisfied with the solutions mentioned a little while ago, we advise you to rely on Scanbot. It is a free application, available for both Android and iOS, which allows you to convert an image to PDF in a few simple steps.
Let’s see how to do:
- Grab your device, proceed with the app download from the Google Play Store for Android or the App Store for iOS and start it once the installation is complete.
- From the screen that appears press the Continue button to skip the initial tutorial and then click on Import to select the photo you are interested in.
- In the next screen, take advantage of the circles at the edges of the rectangle to select the portion of image to include in the PDF and choose Save.
- Continue by setting the preferred name to be assigned to the converted file and click on Save to proceed with the saving.
- The generated Portable Document Format is easily found in the default Scanbot folder (accessible via a file manager ). If you want to change the route, just press on the 3 dots located at the top, choose Settings and select the folder with the item Save.
How to turn photos into PDF from smartphone with CamScanner
Another equally efficient solution to convert an image to a PDF document is CamScanner. This app is also available for both Android and iOS and integrates a feature that allows you to import files without necessarily proceeding to scan through the camera of the device you are using.
Before revealing the specific steps, however, we wanted to clarify that the free version of CamScanner applies a watermark to the output file but you can bypass it by making an in-app purchase.
That said, let’s see the steps to follow:
- From your Android/iOS smartphone/tablet, proceed to download and install CamScanner from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Once started, click on Use now to skip the registration and give the necessary permissions to allow the app to work properly.
- At this point, on Android, tap on the 3 dots in the upper right, choose Import from the gallery and press on the photo to be transformed into Portable Document Format. On iOS, however, press on the picture icon in the upper right corner, choose Album, select the image to be converted and tap on Done in the upper right corner to continue.
- Using the small circles placed at the edges of the rectangle, select all or part of the photo you want to import into the PDF and press on the ✓ located at the bottom right.
- On the next screen, choose No Improvement to not allow CamScanner to add automatic filters.
- Now, assign a preferred name to the file used and press OK and ✓ to complete the operation. Press the PDF button to view the generated file.
How to turn photos into PDFs from smartphones: other solutions
In case you were not satisfied with the solutions mentioned a little while ago, you can consider the apps and services listed below, accessible from both Android and iOS.
- Tiny Scanner (Android)
- Scanner ++ (iOS)
- Microsoft Office Lens ( Android / iOS )
- DLM Infosoft Image to PDF Converter (Android)
- Vidlabs Image to Pdf Converter (Android)
- BG Studio Image to PDF Converter (Android)
- Image To PDF Converter-Scanner (iOS)
- PDF Master – Image to PDF (iOS)
- Photos to PDF Image converter (iOS)
- Smallpdf (Web)
- Online2pdf (Web)
- Convert-JPG-to-PDF (Web)
- iLovePDF (Web)