Discord is a popular and free to use chat app for the gamer community. It is possible to exchange files and images, as well as voice calls easily with participants, on both desktop and phone. Another interesting feature is the possibility to share the Discord screen with your friends, in a video broadcast.
Without wasting more time, here’s how to do it in simple steps:
1. Access the Discord website and download the app or open discord in browser
2. Now login (or create) your account.
3. After login to configure the feature, first click on the gear icon in the lower-left corner of the screen.
4. Under the “App Settings” tab you’ll see “Voice & Video” option, click on it.
5. Now In the “Video Settings” option, select the camera you will use for the transmission.
6. Choose “Test Video” to see a preview of what will be shown & then click on the “x” (ESC) on top-right, to close the settings window.
7. Now go to chat screen with a friend, start a video call by clicking on the camera icon to start the video conversation.
8. To share your screen with one or more friends, click on the screen button on the call and then on “Turn On Screen Share“.
9. A window will appear with some quality options for streaming. There are resolution and frame rate limitations for the free version. When everything is ready, click on “Share“.
10. A window will appear with some quality options for streaming. There are resolution and frame rate limitations for the free version. When everything is ready, click on “Share“;
11. To end screen sharing on Discord, simply click on the screen icon again and then on “Stop sharing your screen“.
Ready! Now you can share with your friends whatever you are doing on your screen or even some gameplay.
Doubts or Problems?
If you still have any doubts or problems related to this article then feel free to leave a comment in the box below or contact us via our dedicated page.