Want to know how to recover deleted Chrome history right? In the following paragraphs, we will indicate various solutions to accomplish this task without major difficulties.
- How to recover the deleted history of Chrome on your computer
- How to recover the deleted Chrome history with EaseUS Data Recovery
- How to recover the deleted history of Chrome on smartphones and tablets
How to recover the deleted history of Chrome on your computer
The first solutions that we are going to propose in this guide concern the use of a couple of backup features present in the Windows and MacOS operating systems.
If you own a computer with the Microsoft OS, then you can take advantage of the Shadow Copy feature included in the latest versions of the Redmond giant operating system that allows you to create backup copies of files, folders and drives manually or automatically.
Let’s see how to exploit it:
- Open-File Explorer by clicking on the yellow folder at the bottom left and enable the Hidden elements function by checking the relevant option accessible from the View menu (in the Show/Hide pane ).
- After this procedure, click on This PC/Computer in the left sidebar and access the AppData folder you find in the path Users > your username.
- In the next step, open the Local folder and do the same thing with Google and Chrome.
- Now, click with the mouse button on the User data folder and choose Properties from the menu that appears.
- Then, click on the Previous Versions tab, select the previous version you want to restore and press Restore twice consecutive.
- After waiting a few minutes for the procedure to complete, start Google Chrome and use the Ctrl + H key combination to access the History window. Alternatively, press on the 3 dots at the top right, choose History from the menu that appears and once Chronology.
Just as seen on Windows, even on the operating system of Apple there is a feature that allows you to backup: its name Time Machine. Naturally, in order to use this feature fully, it is necessary that it has been previously activated and configured.
With this clarification, carefully follow the steps below:
- Press the Alt key on the keyboard, click on the Go menu at the top and choose Library.
- In the Finder window, open the Application Support folder and locate the Google folder first and then the Chrome folder.
- Within Default, look for the History file and start Time Machine from the Launchpad (found in the Dock ).
- At this point, use the timeline to set the exact date to retrieve the deleted Google Chrome history and then click on the History file first and then on Restore to proceed with the restore.
- Once the operation has been started and completed correctly, start the Big G Web browser from the Dock and check the history by double-clicking on History from the menu that appears after pressing the 3 dots in the upper right corner.
How to recover the deleted Chrome history with EaseUS Data Recovery
If the two methods mentioned earlier were unsuccessful, you can take advantage of an excellent tool called EaseUS Data Recovery that offers several features for data recovery, including one that allows you to restore the history of Chrome. The free version of the program allows you to recover up to 2 GB of data but the good news is that it is compatible with both Windows and MacOS.
Let’s see how to make the most of it:
- If you have a Mac, connect to the dedicated page and proceed with the download by pressing the Free Trial button. If you have a Windows PC, instead, open the dedicated browser link and click on Download for free to start the download.
- Once the installation is completed successfully, start the software and select the path on the computer where the history of Chrome is present, following the steps listed in the previous chapter.
- At this point, you can allow EaseUS Data Recovery to start an analysis by pressing Scan.
- After completing the scan, the complete list of files that can be recovered through the powerful software will appear.
- To proceed with the recovery, check the Google history folder and click on Recover.
- In the next step, indicate the path where you want to save the history and press Save.
- When the restore is complete, replace the current Chrome history folder with the restored one and then check the actual recovery by accessing the History section of the Google web browser as noted earlier.
Keep in mind that if you have a Mac with macOS 10.13 or later, you must disable the System Integrity Protection ( SIP) security system that prevents EaseUS Data Recovery from recovering to the hard disk where the Apple OS is. To do this, carefully follow the steps listed below:
- Start the operating system in recovery mode by using the Cmd + R keys, go to the Utility menu at the top and choose Terminal to start it.
- After that, in the box that opens, type the command csrutil disable; reboot, date Enter the keyboard and wait for the Mac to restart.
To reactivate the System Integrity Protection, simply execute the csrutil disable command; always enable in the terminal of macOS.
How to recover the deleted history of Chrome on smartphones and tablets
If you have a smartphone or tablet with Android or iOS, then you can take advantage of the useful Google Takeout service that allows you to download an archive containing all the links visited through the Chrome browser. In this case, however, you must be logged in to the browser with your personal Google account. To best perform this task, we suggest you read our dedicated on how to recover the deleted history of Google Chrome from Android and iOS.
If you need help, have doubts or concerns, do not hesitate to leave a comment in the comment box below and we will try to help you as soon as possible!