When using Google Chrome on your computer, it is very common that you end up using the add-ons that can be obtained in your store to add extra functions and features in it. Even though it is present on Android, this version of the application has some limitations, such as not having extensions support.
Fortunately, on Google Play, there are other browsers that are based on Chrome, some of which have support for this type of add-on. Here’s how to use Chrome browser extensions on Android.
As explained above, Google Chrome that comes with Android phones does not allow the installation of extensions. Therefore, to accomplish this task you will need to get another browser, which actually uses the same Chrome engine for navigation, but which has this feature for add-ins implemented.
How to use Chrome extensions on Android
Installing Chrome add-ons on Android is an easy and even similar process to what happens on your PC. However, it should be noted that not all extensions can end up working properly, but this happens only in more specific cases where they depend on a non-implemented mobile browser function. Check out the process:
- Go to Google Play and download the Kiwi Browser application ;
- When opening the browser, touch the icon represented by “three points” in your home screen and go to “Extensions”;
- On the new screen, tap “Kiwi Web Store” and you’ll be redirected to the Chrome Extensions Store;
- Search for the extension you want, and on your page touch “Use in Chrome”. In the case of this tutorial, the selected extension was the “Night Shift”;
- In the message that appears, touch “Ok” and it should be added in the browser menu to be used.
Ready! Now you know how you can use your favorite Chrome extensions on your phone with Android.
If you need help, have doubts or concerns, do not hesitate to leave a comment in the comment box below and we will try to help you as soon as possible!