Garena Free Fire is one of the most popular Battle Royale style mobile games, which hits head-on with heavyweights like Fortnite and PUBG Mobile. However, not everyone has an iPhone or an Android that can handle it with ease. But you can run the version of Android on the PC, with the right to use keyboard and mouse.
In this tutorial, we teach you how to run Garena Free Fire on your PC with BlueStacks, a program that lets you run Android apps on your desktop.
What is BlueStacks?
The BlueStacks is a software that allows you to run any Android application on your computer, making it easy for developers who do not have many devices to test. At the same time, it was thought from the outset as a final product, to run your favorite applications and games in the comfort of the desktop.
So speaking, it seems like BlueStacks is a simple Android emulator, but no: it’s a development environment, which gives you full access to the Play Store and through your own Google account you can download and install any app.
How to install BlueStacks and Garena Free Fire on PC
To run the game, you must first install BlueStacks. The game works very well on Windows, but is not compatible with MacOS, since the Apple platform has not received a new version of the software since 2.0.1 (2015).
- Go to the BlueStacks website and download the software version corresponding to your operating system;
- Run the installer, and enter your Google account;
- With BlueStacks open, visit the Play Store app;
- Look for “Free Fire” and install the game;
- BlueStacks may request the installation of an additional file package, called xPack, for compatibility reasons. It appears as a notification below the Free Fire icon. Click it and confirm the installation.
How to play Garena Free Fire on PC
With BlueStacks and Garena Free Fire installed, you can now run the application and make it recognize the keys on your keyboard; Normally, the software already does it alone, but you can configure it manually.
- With BlueStacks and Free Fire open, click the gear icon in the upper right corner;
- Then in Settings;
- The game will display the HUD settings;
- Click Edit, and modify the keys to your preference;
- To add a new key to a function not mapped by BlueStacks, click Advanced Settings;
- Click Touch Point and then on an action without related key, and press the key you want to use;
- Click Save.
Now you can play Garena Free Fire on PC, with keyboard and mouse and having access to all the advantages of the desktop, like taking screenshots and streaming.